Why Cloud Services require third-party support?
October 11th, 2018 | by Firoz Khan
Many businesses want to realize the power of cloud and the immediate savings from the expensive burden of owning and operating servers. While some businesses lack the technical expertise, others choose to maintain focus on their core business.
However, most often businesses do not realize that moving to cloud does not completely spare them from their share of responsibilities. As per Gartner “through 2020, 95 percent of cloud security failures will be the customer’s fault.”
Businesses must understand that moving to a cloud services does not mean that whatever they do within the cloud will be secure. The inherent nature of cloud requires customers to be responsible for:
- Enforcing appropriate access control policies
- Configuring network security to prevent inappropriate access to ports
- Enforcing appropriate data loss prevention policies to ensure compliance
Adoption of poor cloud practices can lead to widespread security or compliance failures.
Managed Cloud Services
Managed cloud services are great solutions for businesses that want to focus on their core business while keeping its Cloud Infrastructure constantly monitored by the dedicated team of the managed cloud services provider.
With managed cloud services, customers are provided flexible, cost-effective and extremely reliable services because the provider administers the cloud, maintains the required controls and takes care of ongoing maintenance.
Consider the key advantages that come from using a managed cloud services provider:
- Customized Solution: Services are architected and implemented to meet the requirements of the business
- Enhanced Availability: Your business hours may be limited, however, managed cloud services provider can provide you 24/7 service level support without business worrying about their IT budgets and staffing requirements
- Increased Reliability: The provider ensures that the cloud infrastructure is functioning at optimal levels with proactive monitoring
- Improved Security Controls: The provider takes care of routine tasks like patching and updates, security hardening, provisioning servers, or monitoring resources
- Continous Improvements: Since the managed cloud services provider monitors the usage of the cloud and their response time, they can provide continous improvement of design and services
Click here to see how Nuage BizTech can help businesses grow on cloud